SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 2, 2020

EASY SPRINGTIME MEAL


I thought I would share an easy and tasty meal since a lot of us aren't able to eat out at restaurants anymore. This meal has been one of my favorites to make since Ross and I were first married. You can of course make it anytime of the year but I like to make it in the spring and summer best! I had to change a couple of ingredients this time because our grocery store was sold out of a few things. The thing I like most about this recipe is that you can change so many things up and its still so good. For example, in the spring I usually use asparagus but in the summer I use zucchini and yellow squash. I used to hate asparagus, couldn't even stand the smell. When I was a little girl my grandma would take me on walks down the road she lived on and we would pick wild asparagus that grew on the side of the road. She had to bribe me with brownies to get me to eat it! I didn't start liking it until I tried it grilled with olive oil and seasoning. Now I love it! This isn't a recipe I found online, I just threw things together that I thought sounded good together. By no means is this a professional recipe LOL, I just like simple ingredient meals. Let me know if you try it or have any questions! I hope you all enjoy it!


EASY SPRINGTIME PASTA

INGREDIENTS:
1 box of pasta ( I like to use farfalle or penne )
2 fresh chicken breast ( you can always use frozen but be sure to thaw it first)
2 TBS lemon juice
Italian seasoning
Fresh asparagus ( I buy it in a bundle and use about 3/4 of it )
Shredded mozzarella 
Olive oil
2 TBS butter

DIRECTIONS:
1. Start the grill ( ours takes awhile to warm up so we always do this step first ).
2. Butterfly chicken breast. 
3. Wash and cut up asparagus ( I like to cut the stalks in thirds and usually toss the bottom piece. If you have animals, they love to eat the asparagus bottoms. Our goats really enjoyed them tonight! )
4. Start boiling water for pasta.
5. Throw chicken on the grill and cook until fully cooked through.
6. I use a metal basket thats meant for grilling veggies in to cook the asparagus. Toss them in the basket and drizzle a little olive oil and lemon juice over them. Then sprinkle some italian seasoning. You can use other seasonings as well. I had to use Mrs. Dash seasoning because I was out of italian.
7. Place basket with asparagus on the top rack of your grill if you have one and cook until soft.
8. While the food is cooking on the grill, throw the pasta in the boiling water and follow directions on the pasta box. 
9. Once everything is cooked, you're going to start combining them. Make sure you cut up the cooked chicken into bite size pieces, it makes it easier to eat later. 
10. Drain the pasta and then put it in a large bowl or dish.
11. Add 2 TBS of butter and stir it in until melted.
12. Stir in the cooked asparagus and chicken.
13. Drizzle more olive oil and add a little more seasoning then stir until combined. 
14. Add some mozzarella cheese and stir that in until melted, ( sometimes I have to put the pasta in the microwave to melt the cheese. )
15. Enjoy!

***If you have extra time, throw the mixed pasta in the oven at 375 degree for about 20 minutes with some added cheese on top. I love it that way, I just usually don't take the time to do it!





Post a Comment