SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 9, 2020

DIY VALENTINES WREATH



Can you believe Valentine's Day is in just over a month?! Time seems to be flying by which is great because I'm so ready to meet our baby girl in a few days! I don't normally decorate much for Valentine's Day but this year Target had so many cute decorations that I decided it would be fun! It also has helped me transition out of Christmas decor without going straight into spring decor. I decided to keep out a lot of pink and white bottle brush trees and the little white houses from Target that compliment all the valentines decor. 
My inspiration for this wreath is actually from Target's valentines decor. Below is the picture of Target's wreath, its by their Spritz brand. The link will be attached below in case you want to purchase it or take a closer look at it. I wanted to make my own so that I could use the colors I like and have it be a touch bigger. On my Instagram stories I showed pictures of the steps it took to make and attach the tassels. I didn't go into depth on how they were made because I am going to do that here. I will try to be as detailed as possible but if you have any questions please send them my way!







STEP 1: Choose a small board book. Wrap the yarn around the book a lot. The more you wrap, the fuller your tassel will be. It's important to try and wrap consistently each time so that your tassels are all about the same size. 


STEP 2: Slide the yarn off of the book and put your thumb through the loop you have made.


STEP 3: Cut a new piece of yarn and string it through the top of your loop. Then tie into a know and I always double knot it so it stays secure. 


STEP 4: Take the string that you just tied around the loop of yarn and tie it on the heart frame. I also double knotted here again. Be sure to tie it tight so that when you move them, they stay in place better. Then you can trim off the loose ends at the knot.


STEP 5: Cut a new piece of yarn and tie it around the entire loop to make the top of the tassel. I cut it long enough so that the ends blend in with the rest of the tassel.


STEP 6: Cut the loop strings in two. Then you can trim up all the loose ends and make it look how you want. I didn't try to get the ends of my tassels too even because I like the more natural look of them.



STEP 7 & 8: Tie a small piece of yarn at the very top of the heart so that you can hang it. Then once its hanging you can adjust where you want the tassels to be and trim off any more loose ends. 


LIST OF SUPPLIES:

Yarn- choose any colors you like. I chose a light pink from Hobby Lobby.

Heart Wreath Frame- I ordered mine from Amazon, below is the link.

Scissors- I suggest fabric scissors, they will cut much cleaner.


I hope you all love the wreath and have a fun time making it! Let me know if you have any questions and please share pictures with me if you make one, I would love to see it!
Hopefully my next blog post is all about Evie's arrival!





Post a Comment