SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 25, 2019

DIY POM POM WREATH

Wow, its been awhile since I wrote a blog post. Its been even longer since I've crafted, and today I've accomplished both! Before I had Hadley I crafted all the time. I made wreaths and wooden signs. I even had my own Etsy shop for awhile. It was a lot of fun but got to be too much once Hadley was born. This DIY pom pom wreath was pretty simple and a lot of fun. Ashley from Grace Collective Shop did a great tutorial of how to do a pom pom wreath. Her's is beautiful and has little bottle brush trees and a little house on it!

I had some issues in the beginning with the wreath. Hobby Lobby only had the wide green styrofoam wreaths so I tried to wrap it with white felt. The felt was kind of difficult to wrap it tightly in. Then when I started to hot glue the poms onto it, I realized they would be too small to cover the wreath. So I decided to go to another craft store and look for a white wreath. JoAnn's is where I ended up finding a white wreath, which I will link below. It worked perfectly so I definitely recommend using the round white wreath!

Here is the steps I took to make a whimsical pom pom wreath! I will try to link the items I used. I hope you all find it easy and fun to do! Be sure to send me pictures or tag me if you end up making one, I would love to see them!


POM POM WREATH






Supplies:
large white poms  6-7 bags depending on how fluffy you want it to look

medium white poms  I used 1 bag to fill in any holes

hot glue sticks

hot glue gun

styrofoam wreath       

jingle bells  I found the copper bells in the Christmas craft area of Hobby Lobby. You could definitely use any jingle bells you want.


1. Plug in your hot glue gun to get it warmed up.
2. Fluff your pom poms- when you get them out of the package they need help with their shape so I just fluffed mine a bit until I liked the way they looked.
3. Start glueing- I started glueing the pom poms on the front of the wreath first. Then did the inside of the wreath and lastly, the outside of the wreath. 
4. Once the glue dried, I fluffed the pom poms out even more to give it a fuller look. 
5. Glue the jingle bells or whatever you would like on the wreath! I wanted jingle bells because I loved the look of the pom pom wreath from Target, (Target wreath) but wanted a more neutral look.
6. Glue the medium sized pom poms if needed- I wanted a full and fluffy look to my wreath so I stuffed in some smaller sized pom poms to give it the look I wanted.
7. Hang your wreath and enjoy!


Here is a close up of my wreath, can't wait to see yours!





Post a Comment