SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 11, 2020

Caramel Apple Crumble Pie

 

 
There's nothing better than the aroma of a hot apple pie baking in the oven on a crisp fall day. Make it a caramel apple pie and that aroma somehow got even better. I've said it before, I don't like apple desserts. So why do I keep on making them?... so that I'm not tempted to eat them and I just love the smell of them. After getting several message requests for the recipe I decided it would be easier to just share it here. Again, I did not make this recipe up... believe me I am not that talented lol. I did tweak it a bit and I will share all of that info below with the recipe. I loved seeing how many of you made the apple pie cookies and I can't wait to see if any of you make this pie. Be sure and tag me if you do, I love following along with others! 
 
Here are a few behind the scenes pictures of Hadley and I baking the apple pie.
 

Ingredients

1 box of refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box (I used 3 crusts total)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I always add a little extra cinnamon to everything)
5 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (I ended up using more like 4 apples, my pie pan wasn't very deep)
1/2 cup caramel apple dip (I used more like 3/4 cup- 1 cup of caramel)
2 tablespoons milk (add a splash or two more of milk if you add more caramel)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
 

Directions

  • Heat oven to 375°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie plate. In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour and the cinnamon. Add apples; toss to coat. Spoon apple mixture into crust- lined plate. In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons caramel apple dip and the milk; drizzle over apples. 
     
  •  In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling. 
     
  • To make lattice top, cut second crust into 1/2-inch-wide strips with pastry cutter. Place half of the strips across filling in pie plate. Weave remaining strips with first strips to form lattice. Trim ends of strips even with edge of bottom crust. Fold trimmed edge of bottom crust over ends of strips, forming a high stand-up rim. Seal and flute. 
     
  • Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown. (My pie dish was very shallow so mine only needed to bake for about 40 minutes.)  Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle remaining caramel apple dip over pie. Cool at least 2 hours before serving.

Post a Comment