SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Hadley's Bedroom


Hadley's bedroom is by far my favorite room in the house. We put so much time and effort fixing this room up. Most of the room was all set before Hadley was born, there was just some little finishing touches we wanted to add. I think I could constantly add things to the decor though, especially if I keep going to Target! 

Below are some pictures of her room. I have created links for the majority of the decor. The furniture we had custom made in Amish Country. My mother, my mother-in-law, and my grandma bought all the furniture. It was such a wonderful and special gift. We can now pass it down to our next child, (no I'm not pregnant). We choose the dark wood to match our wood trim we have in our house. There isn't a certain theme that we tried to stick to, I just wanted it to be light and airy. I love Disney everything but I didn't want to make it all Disney. We ended up going for a fairytale type of decor and I love it!  I hope Hadley still loves her room when she gets older!





The chandelier was one of the first items we purchased for her room. We found it on clearance at Menards. The mirror in the left corner by her crib was a lucky find at Home Goods, it was only $15.99! I wanted to put it low to the ground so that she can play dress up and see herself. The heart pillow is a recent find at Target in the dollar isle. The unicorn on the wall is also from Target. We choose the Angelcare monitor. It gives me a piece of mind because it actually will alarm you if your child stops breathing. There is a sensory pad that you put under their mattress. If she stands up, the alarm will go off but that doesn't bother us because its nice to know when she's standing up incase she were to try and climb out. Hadley still sleeps in her DockATot and the sensor still works! I highly recommend this monitor!

I got this garland from Pottery Barn Kids last year. It says make believe. I thought it went well with the fairytale room theme. We just recently upgraded her closet doors. It was pretty simple, just bought two new doors from Menards and painted them! 


I love having the rocking chair right by the windows. I spent so much time rocking her up there during the day when she was younger. The little penguin is from Anthropologie and was one of her stocking stuffers. 



The metal moon pictured above we found at a local antique store. We painted it a champagne gold and added gold shimmer to it as well. The star on the night stand is the Aden + Anais serenity star. I love it! Its a night light, an alarm clock, a sound machine, a feeding diary and a temperature indicator! I love the temperature feature the best because I always worried about her getting either too cold or too hot at night. Now I have a piece of mind, thanks to the serenity star. It will glow red if its too hot, blue if its too cold and white when its the ideal temperature. The sound machine feature is a lifesaver as well. You can set it to stay on all night or for just a segment of time. 



I kept the bow garland up for the picture but I will be taking it down shortly. We have so many that there isn't enough room on the pom garland anymore. I bought these nifty clear containers on Amazon that I am going to put in her top drawer to store her bows in. I will be sure to post a picture when I finish it! Her changing pad cover is one of my favorite prints ever! Its pink with gold leaves and unicorns on it! It was custom made from a shop called Dwell Darling. She also made us a matching crib sheet and lovey sized blanket. The swan is from Target and the sign to the right is a recent purchase from Hobby Lobby. 

This is just another angle of the room.


The prints above her bed are hard to see in this picture but they are so cute! There is an up close picture below. I bought them from Little Moon Dance. If you haven't checked out this shop, you need to! So many cute prints and lots of custom prints too! I can't remember where we got this rug but its super soft! 




LINKS:

Swan wall decor- click here
Unicorn wall decor- click here
Changing pad cover- click here
Make believe banner- click here, I linked a similar one
Aden+Anais serenity star- click here
Angel Care monitor- click here
DockATot- click here, we have the grand






Post a Comment