SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Tips and Tricks

We are now less than a week from Christmas day. The month of December seemed to go by quicker than it normally does, which stresses me out. If we're all being completely honest, most of us (especially moms) are extremely stressed and frazzled this time of year. I have only been a mom for 17 months now but even before I was, I stressed out around this time of year anyways. All the shopping, decorating, cooking and preparing can be so much fun and yet so exhausting. My problem is that I am a perfectionist about everything. The ornaments on the tree have to be perfectly placed, the sugar cookies have to have an even amount of sprinkles and lets not even talk about wrapping presents...! My husband is better at wrapping presents than I am so sometimes I have him do it LOL! 

This year I have made it my mission to have fun and try not to stress myself out so bad. I made a list of all the things we wanted to do as a family, which we have done almost all of them. I also started my christmas shopping before Thanksgiving this year. My Christmas cards were done in November and sent out the first of December, this was a record for me! Other things that I have started to prepare for early this year was wrapping presents, I have tried to wrap the gifts as we got them. I also started making lists for what I would potentially bake/cook for our famiys' Christmas gatherings, Pinterest has become my best friend. 

Christmas morning with Hadley this year is going to be a blast! Last year she was only 5 months old and needed us to unwrap her presents for her. Now she knows how to say "wow" and "cool" and you know when she is super excited about something because she typically starts making this humming sound and running in place LOL. We got her a table and decided to give that to her early this year and I'm so glad because she loves it! Her big gift she will be opening Christmas morning is a kitchen. We had planned on buying one from Ikea but I wasn't as impressed as I was with their kids table we got there. Instead, we ordered it from Amazon and it came in two days! It is a KidKraft kitchen and is called the retro style, I linked it below. They have other styles and colors but I loved how big this one was. My husband built it and I spray painted the hardware, because I don't care for the silver, stainless steel look. I hope she loves it for many years to come! 






If anyone has any extra tips on how to make Christmas stress-free please comment below or shoot me an email. I can use all the help I can get! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the little things and don't stress, believe me its not worth it!

Post a Comment