SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 20, 2018

PUMPKIN SPICE AND EVERYTHING NICE



I know its been quiet over here for awhile! We have been enjoying the last bit of summer before harvest begins, which I think will start tomorrow actually! Something I always like to make in the fall are pumpkin muffins. They are super easy to make and they make a great breakfast on-the-go for Ross! There are two recipes I like to use. One is a normal version and the other is a healthier version. I will say, I can't tell the difference between them. I usually add mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to both versions!
Please note that I am not a professional baker...nor do I want to be. I just love to bake for fun! These are not my own recipes, I have found them on the internet and tried them out several times. I've switched a few things around in each recipe and I think I've finally perfected them (for my family and I that is LOL). If you have any questions or try out either recipe please let me know!


THE ORIGINAL PUMPKIN MUFFIN RECIPE 


3 cups of flour

1 TBS pumpkin pie spice

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp salt

3 cups of granulated sugar

1 can (15 ounce) of Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
(note that this is NOT pumpkin pie filling)

4 large eggs

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup water

1-2 cups of mini chocolate chips

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES
makes around 30 muffins
I use paper baking cups 

COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in large bowl.

MIX sugar, canned pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in a separate bowl. Then add the dry flour mixture and mix well. Next gently stir in the chocolate chips, you can use however many you like. I just like a hint of chocolate in mine so I stick to about 1 cup.

SPOON batter into paper cups about 3/4 full.

BAKE FOR 30-35 minutes...check with a toothpick, every oven is different so keep an eye on them for the last 5-10 minutes.

COOL... be sure to let them cool before removing them from the pan.

HEALTHY PUMPKIN MUFFIN RECIPE


1/3 cup melted coconut oil

1/2 cup of honey (you can use maple syrup as well)

2 eggs (room temperature)

1 cup Libby's pure pumpkin

1/4 cup of milk (you can use any kind)

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp allspice

1 3/4 cups flour (for this recipe I used whole wheat flour)

1/3 cup old-fashioned oats

1/2 to 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (if desired)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES
makes around 12 muffins
I use paper cup liners for this recipe as well

WHISK together the oil, honey (or maple syrup). Add the eggs and beat well.

MIX the pumpkin and milk into the mixture, then add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.

STIR in the flour, oats and chocolate chips. 

SPOON batter into paper cups about 3/4 full.

BAKE for 22-25 minutes..check with a toothpick, every oven is different so keep an eye on them for the last 5-10 minutes.

COOL... be sure to let them cool before removing them from the pan.

Post a Comment